We are HIRING here at Team Happy Black Woman and want to hear from you if you qualify for the position below!
Part-Time Executive Assistant (Virtual)
This is a paid, part-time virtual position for 5-10 hours per week. The compensation is $25 per hour. Hours are flexible, but the candidate must be available Monday-Friday, between 9:00am-5:00pm Eastern Time.
The primary focus of the Executive Assistant is to support Rosetta Thurman, the CEO and Founder of Happy Black Woman LLC, and provide outstanding customer service with friendliness, professionalism and relentless attention to detail.
The ideal candidate for the Executive Assistant position will have skills in the following areas:
- Administrative support
- Customer service
- Virtual office management
- Calendar management
- Social media
Your responsibilities will include:
Administrative Support & Calendar Management
- Manage the CEO’s personal and professional calendar
- Schedule all appointments with a high-level of detail
- Coordinate all business travel arrangements for CEO
- Communicate on behalf of CEO – distribute announcements and time-sensitive emails to appropriate staff and vendors
- Manage email and virtual mailbox for CEO
- Coordinate logistics for CEO’s live and virtual speaking engagements and interviews
- Work proactively with staff and vendors to assist the CEO in completing weekly to-do list
- Provide clear updates on items still in progress
- Complete special projects for CEO (collaborating with other staff and vendors as appropriate)
- Manage purchases of client gifts and other items through Amazon
- Occasional travel with CEO to meetings and events
Customer Service & Client Care
- Provide customer service and client care with friendliness, professionalism and a relentless attention to detail
- Be a reliable point of contact for current and prospective clients and customers
- Schedule appointments with current and prospective clients
- Provide time-sensitive technical support for clients and customers
- Update client and customer data in CRM database
- Be a liaison for staff and vendors
- Provide on-site assistance for live events, as your travel schedule permits
Marketing & Social Media
- Pre-schedule social media content and updates (Twitter and Facebook) on a weekly basis
- Manage outreach emails, calls and follow-up for CEO’s speaking engagements and interviews
Virtual Office Management
- Manage online storage of documents using Dropbox
- Monitor voice mailbox regularly and return phone calls as appropriate
- Upload documents as directed by staff and vendors
- Organize document library
To be successful in this position, you must:
- have an upbeat personality, “can-do” attitude and positive outlook on life with a genuine passion for helping others
- see this job not just as an opportunity to earn income and build your resume, but as a vehicle to empower women and make a difference in the world
- be curious, organized, proactive and resourceful (in other words, if you don’t already know the answer, you must be willing and able to find the answer on your own without being micro-managed)
- be familiar with current technology tools such as Microsoft Office, Google Calendar, Dropbox, WordPress, ZenDesk, Instant Teleseminar and Sprout Social
- be comfortable with using social media for marketing including Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram
- be able to juggle multiple tasks at one time without dropping the ball
- have a reliable internet connection and be able to check email several times a day to communicate with our team
- complete weekly timesheets to account for 5-10 hours of work per week
- have a Type-A attention to detail and be proficient at typing without making embarrassing grammatical or spelling errors
- attend weekly virtual staff meetings conducted via conference call every Monday
- be available to begin work immediately
The Ideal Candidate
You should have experience and skills in the areas listed above and be able to work with our team virtually for 5-10 hours per week. You will get the most benefit from our relationship if you are genuinely interested in growing in the areas of customer service, virtual assistance, online business management, marketing and personal development.
Please note: This is NOT an apprenticeship or mentorship program.
How to Apply:
- Submit all application materials via email (subject line: Executive Assistant Position] to Denise Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your cover letter IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL detailing: 1) why you want to work with Happy Black Woman LLC, 2) how you would use your skills to add value to the work we do, 3) a description of your best customer service experience YOU have ever had, and 4) the hours you are available to work Monday-Friday (please use Eastern Time). A successful cover letter will demonstrate a clear understanding of the nature of our work as highlighted on happyblackwoman.com. DO NOT SEND US YOUR COVER LETTER AS AN ATTACHMENT.
- As part of your cover letter, email us the url to your LinkedIn profile, online resume, portfolio or blog. Please keep in mind that your previous work experience is not as important to us as your current skills and how you can demonstrate them. DO NOT SEND YOUR RESUME AS AN ATTACHMENT. We request that you email the LINK to your LinkedIn profile, online resume, portfolio or blog instead.
- If selected for an interview (to be conducted via Skype), you must be able to provide 2 professional references who can offer insight about your skills, expertise and work ethic. These references should be other clients or supervisors NOT co-workers, family members or friends.
Interview process: Skype interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. We receive a high volume of applications, so please DO NOT email or call us about the status of your application.
Start date: Immediately. (If you cannot begin work immediately, please do not apply.)
Compensation: You will be paid $25 USD per hour. This is a part-time contractor position, paid hourly with no benefits offered besides the added value of learning and growing with an innovative training company that empowers women all over the world. Payment will be remitted on a weekly basis via Paypal.
If you know you’d be perfect for this position, apply now to join Team Happy Black Woman! We look forward to reviewing your application :)