- On Saturday, I was fortunate to be able to teach my second in-person HBW workshop! Launch Yourself LIVE was held in downtown Washington, DC and focused on helping women move forward on their business goals.
- The half-day training was based on my signature 4-week Launch Yourself course, which is taught completely online. I walked participants through a simple framework outlining four steps to get your business off the ground:
- Get Focused
- Get Online
- Get Paid
- Get Out There
- There were 22 amazing ladies who joined us from the surrounding area including DC, VA, NJ and PA. We even had a mother-daughter duo come together with different business ideas!
- Some of the women already had existing products and services in many different niches, but many were just beginning to brainstorm business ideas, including:
- Greeting cards
- Web design
- Nonprofit consulting
- Personal training
- Fitness class instructor
- Recruiting firm
- Slumber Parties consultant and sex educator
- Clothing line
- Management and HR training
- Career coaching
- Educational consulting
Hearing everyone’s business ideas was sooo inspiring! Throughout the workshop, we talked about managing your time when you’re working on your business, simple processes for setting up a website, and some easy ways to use email and social media to spread the word about your products and services. We also talked about the FEAR that comes with putting yourself out there and asking clients and customers for money (or more money).
THANK YOU to all the ladies who brought their beautiful energy to Launch Yourself LIVE this weekend! It was an honor to be able to share what I know and connect like-minded women on the path to business success.
I loved seeing this Instagram photo collage by Carleta of Street Intell featuring me and Aleea of A Happy Slappy Greeting. It captures how much fun we all had in the spirit of sharing information and motivating each other in our entrepreneurial endeavors.
And special thanks to Terri Lomax, who served as our lovely and capable event manager for the day. She made sure everything went smoothly with the catering, venue, and logistics. Terri went from being my awesome virtual assistant to being a great one in real life!
You can check out more photos from the event over on the HBW Facebook Community. We got such great feedback on Saturday that I’m planning to teach at least one more live workshop this year, TBA. If you’re interested in taking my full, 4-week online Launch Yourself course, stay tuned for more information about how you can register to join the next group starting on May 8!