At the end of 2011, I made a commitment to be more intentional about reflecting on my life and work. My core question was: how will I know if I’m making progress on the goals, dreams and opportunities I have for myself? It all started with my annual review of 2011. Since January 2012, I’ve been doing a review of each month as well.
Here, I present a brief review of the 11th month of 2012, starting with a word that captures the essence how I spent the month of November: GRATITUDE.
(Want to use this format for your own monthly review? Check out my guide: How to Conduct a Monthly Review.)
I just realized that I wrote so many posts in November for National Blog Posting Month that I have a link for most of the major things I did. So here they go…
What I Did in November 2012
- I decided to go on a date with a man I hadn’t seen in three years…in Minneapolis.
- I ended up having a very good time on said date.
- I taught a Reset workshop and hosted a HBW Happy Hour in Atlanta!
- I hosted a HBW Happy Hour in Charlotte, NC!
- I saw my mom compete (and place!) in her fifth figure competition.
- I voted for President Obama…and myself.
- I took a great workshop to help me become a better speaker in 2013.
Goals, Accomplishments and Lessons from November 2012
- What was the biggest PERSONAL milestone I reached last month in my relationships, health, finances, education and/or lifestyle? I realized that I’m ready to change my lifestyle in terms of where I live. I don’t plan to give up the nomadic life just yet, but I’m ready to leave Richmond and scoot a bit closer to DC. I already have a contract with a client in the city with some other opportunities in the works, so that’s why my mobility is limited to the DMV at least through August 2013. I still prefer not to sign anyone’s lease until then because I have no idea if I’ll still want to stay in the area. In the meantime, I’m committed to staying present to my need for community and seeking it wherever I go.
- What was the greatest PROFESSIONAL accomplishment (in my business) that took place last month? Finally deciding to hire a part-time assistant! It’s always a major move for me to admit that I need help. The good thing is that this decision was the catalyst for me getting the help I need in other areas to move my business forward in 2013.
- What was the MOST valuable lesson you learned last month? My trip to Minneapolis reminded me that adventures are what make life exciting, unpredictable and fun. And I want to have more of them, not just in romance, but in other areas of my life as well.
My Theme Word for November 2012 Was…
I chose the word GRATITUDE because in November, I got the chance to connect with some amazing people in Charlotte and Atlanta. I got to do some traveling not just for business, but pleasure as well. I smiled and laughed. I gave and received lots of hugs. Good ones.
What I Want to Happen in December 2012
What I want to experience in December 2012 is PREPARATION. I want to get my business ready for expansion in 2013 with the help of my new assistant. I want to ease into the occasion of my 30th birthday on New Year’s Eve. I want to prepare for the arrival of another incredible year of living, learning and loving.
See My Previous Monthly Reviews Here:
- Connection: A Review of January 2012
- Uncertainty: A Review of February 2012
- Whole: A Review of March 2012
- Honesty: A Review of April 2012
- Clarity: A Review of May 2012
- Rediscovery: A Review of June 2012
- Surrender: A Review of July 2012
- Adventure: A Review of August 2012
- Regroup: A Review of September 2012
- Full: A Review of October 2012
What ONE word would you use to describe your experience of November 2012? What do you want to experience in December 2012?
If you choose to conduct a monthly review on your own blog, please go ahead and post the link in the comments so we can read it!
Read November 2012 Monthly Reviews from HBW Readers:
- Birthday Bling and Food Freebies – November 2012 Recap (Daree’s Insights)