I’ve been thinking a lot about desire over the past few weeks. There’s a magical process that begins when you finally admit that you want something MORE for your life.
When you write your desires down on paper and even better – say them out loud – there’s a spiritual shift within you. Because as soon as you take the first step toward the life you really want, the universe starts moving on your behalf.
God starts placing new people and new opportunities in your life.
Miracles start happening.
At the end of last year, I set this powerful intention for 2014:
To build and grow what I’ve created over the past few years. I have a brand and community that I can serve in a much broader and deeper way. I have relationships that I can grow and nurture as I pursue my personal and professional goals. I have opportunities to play a bigger game in my business and motivate many more women to live the lives they really want. I have a heart that is wide open to the possibility of meeting someone that I can build a strong romantic relationship with.
I also set the bold goal to:
Help 1,000 women to create their ideal lives through one-on-one coaching, online courses, workshops, retreats and live events.
And guess what’s happened this year so far?
- I’ve held several complimentary webinars and teleseminars that have inspired hundreds of women all over the world to put the power of self-reflection and inspired action to work in their lives
- I created a new training to help women get paid to share their message, with over 150 people who have taken the course since February
- I put together a new virtual workshop that has already equipped dozens of women to find their true purpose and make important changes in their lives
- I hosted a well-attended 4-city Launch Your Business Tour that motivated over 200 women entrepreneurs around the country to build businesses doing what they love
- We recently held a successful Launch Your Business LIVE 3-Day Boot Camp in Atlanta for a group of phenomenal entrepreneurs who want to help others and make a difference with their work
- We just launched a yearlong training, coaching and mentorship program to support women entrepreneurs in a BIG way!
- I’ve been able to travel almost every month for events around the country, while still having a great home base in my ideal living environment of Honolulu, Hawaii
- I’ve built an incredible support system and yes…even met a new love along the way!
And we’re only 6 months into 2014! I still have so much more to do, accomplish and experience before the end of the year.
Now, more than ever, I’m convinced that the best way to get what you really want is to:
- Confess your big dreams, no matter how crazy or “unrealistic” you think they are.
- Write them down. Declare them out loud. Tell somebody!
- Take inspired action on your goals, even if it’s just baby steps for now.
- Expect miracles!
When you know what you want, it becomes easier to recognize opportunities when they show up in your life. (click here to tweet this quote!)
For instance, if you know you want to visit Hawaii and then all of a sudden you see an airline having a sale on flights to Honolulu, you can take advantage of that divine discount. (And then attend our Happy Black Woman Retreat, of course!)
If you know you want a better job and then you see an open position at your dream company, you can take it as a sign that you definitely need to apply, like ASAP.
And if you know you want a relationship with someone you can grow with and then you meet an amazing man with a killer smile, you can sit next to him on the beach on a warm July evening and say YES to the possibility of an exciting new romance.
On the other hand, when you DON’T know what you want…
It’s like standing on a street corner in a strange city. You may have a map in your hand, but without knowing your destination, you can’t tell whether you should turn left or right, go up the street, down the street or around the corner.
If you’re fuzzy on your goals right now, commit to getting clear on what you want. Then, have the courage to go get it.
You’re capable of so much more than you think.