This post is part of the Annual Review/Preview we are doing here on the blog to help us reflect on 2011 and plan for an amazing 2012. Learn more and sign up to join us if you want. You can also post your reflections on Twitter using the hashtag #reviewpreview.
Now that you’ve given yourself a chance to reflect on 2011, it’s time to look forward to what you want to see in your life next year. Consider this a preview of 2012.
Today’s set of 10 guiding questions will help you set intentions for what you want your life to look like in 2012. Give yourself at least an hour of quiet time for this assignment. Be honest about what you want.
(Of course, you are free to use your own questions to conduct your preview or simply use this list as a jumping-off point for something completely different.)
What I Want to Bring Into My Life in 2012
- What do you deserve more of next year? What do you deserve less of next year?
- What personal milestone(s) do you most want to reach this year in your relationships, health, family, finances, education and/or lifestyle? (see my posts on creating a life map and crafting your ideal life narrative for more background on this question)
- What professional accomplishments (at work or in your business) do you want to see for yourself this year?
- What do you want to learn in 2012?
- What do you want to cross off of your bucket list in 2012? (see my post on making a bucket list for more background on this question)
What I Want My Life to Look Like in 2012
- What part of your life do you want to pay more attention to in 2012?
- Who do you want to spend more time with in 2012? Who do you want to spend less time with in 2012?
- Which activities, habits or behaviors, if any, do you want to stop doing in 2012 because they are no longer in alignment with your values? (see my posts on identifying your values and envisioning your values in action for more background on this question)
- Which activities do you want to start and/or continue doing in 2012?
- What does your ideal day look like in 2012? (see my posts on imagining your perfect day and redesigning your day for more background on this question)
How did you feel as you were writing your preview? Did anything surprise you about your intentions for next year?
When you’re done, feel free to share all or part of your preview with us in the comments! If you blogged about it, be sure to post the link so we can read it. If you share your blog post on Twitter, please use the hashtag #reviewpreview!