This post highlights Part II of a powerful process to help you reflect on 2012 and plan for an amazing 2013.
Now that you’ve given yourself a chance to reflect on 2012, it’s time to look forward to what you want to see in your life next year. Consider this a preview of 2013.
What you’ll need for your Preview of 2013:
- A notebook and a pen (or a laptop and a blank Word document, if you prefer to type)
- A block of quiet time over the next few days
Today’s set of 10 guiding questions will help you set intentions for what you want your life to look like in 2013. Give yourself at least an hour of quiet time for this assignment. Be honest about what you want. (Of course, you are free to use your own questions to conduct your preview or simply use this list as a jumping-off point for something completely different. As an example, you can read my Review of 2011.)
What I Want to Bring Into My Life in 2013
- What do you deserve more of next year? What do you deserve less of next year?
- What personal milestone(s) do you most want to reach in your relationships, health, family, finances, education and/or lifestyle?
- What professional accomplishments (at work or in your business) do you want to see for yourself next year?
- What do you want to learn in 2013?
- What do you want to cross off of your bucket list in 2013?
What I Want My Life to Look Like in 2013
- What part of your life do you want to pay more attention to in 2013?
- Who do you want to spend more time with in 2013? Who do you want to spend less time with in 2013?
- Which activities, habits or behaviors, if any, do you want to stop doing in 2013 because they no longer serve you?
- Which activities do you want to start and/or continue doing in 2013?
- What will your ideal day look like next year?
Will you be joining me to preview 2013? If you’ve already completed your preview, did anything surprise you about your intentions for next year?
When you’re done, feel free to share all or part of your preview with us in the comments! If you blogged about it, be sure to come back here and post the link so we can read it.