Are You Looking for An Inspiring Women’s Leadership Speaker for Your Upcoming Conference, Retreat or Event?
Hire Rosetta to Speak at Your Upcoming Conference, Retreat or Event
Would you like to hire Rosetta to speak at your next conference, retreat or online event?
Rosetta Thurman is the Founder & CEO of Happy Black Woman, a global personal development company dedicated to educating, inspiring and empowering black women to create their ideal lives. She is committed to helping black women all over the world experience happiness, success and freedom in business and in life. Through training, coaching and mentoring, Rosetta teaches black women how to transform their mindset so that they can achieve their big goals faster than they ever thought possible.
Rosetta is the author of Launch Your Business: The 5 Step Solution to Do What You Love, Quit Your Job and Have the Freedom to Travel and Live Life on Your Own Terms and the co-author of How to Become a Nonprofit Rockstar: 50 Ways to Accelerate Your Career. She has been featured in numerous media outlets, including JET Magazine, Essence.com, Entrepreneur.com, Dr. Oz’ The Good Life Magazine, Huffington Post, BBC London and BlackEnterprise.com. She holds a Master’s Degree in Organizational Management and has also taught leadership, business and marketing courses as an Adjunct Professor at Trinity Washington University.
Rosetta currently lives in beautiful San Diego, California. When she’s not writing or speaking, you can find her on a plane traveling to the next city on her bucket list, in the kitchen cooking up a new recipe, dancing to 80s R&B music or snuggled up in her favorite chair with a good book and a glass of red wine.
Rosetta’s motto is: “You can do anything you want with your life and no one can stop you…but YOU!”
Interested in hiring Rosetta to speak at your next event? Please complete the form below to schedule a call so we can explore your options.
Rosetta’s Most Requested Speaking Topics
Rosetta’s keynotes and workshops are inspiring, interactive and informative, designed to help participants take immediate action. The topics below can be delivered as a keynote, workshop, conference breakout session, corporate/nonprofit training or virtual webinar. Additional topics can be customized at your request.
Find Your Purpose: How to Develop a Personal Mission Statement and Become the Leader of Your Life
Most organizations have a mission statement to guide their work. But imagine how much more focused you could be if YOU had a mission statement for your life? Having a clear outline of what’s most important to you, what you want to achieve, and, ultimately, who you want to become can lead to a more rewarding life. Everyone has a purpose for being on earth, yet most of us are not fully aware of why we’re here or what we’re supposed to be doing with our lives.
To date, Rosetta has taught hundreds of people all over the country how to develop their own personal mission statements. This powerful self-discovery workshop will guide you through a useful process that will forever change the way you live your life.
During this workshop, you will discover:
- Why it’s so important to identify your core values and pay attention to how they show up in your personal and professional life
- A simple, yet effective way to evaluate your life for authenticity and alignment
- Rosetta’s 3-step method for developing a Personal Mission Statement, one of the most powerful tools available for getting clarity on your life’s purpose
- How to design an inspiring Purpose Plan with specific action steps you can implement right away to get from where you are to where you want to be
- Practical ways to prioritize your happiness, find balance and begin living a more meaningful life
5 Ways to Get Back on Track With Your Business Goals
As an entrepreneur, it’s so important to stay connected to yourself and your desires. It’s easy to lose sight of what YOU truly want to do because you can get wrapped up in what your clients need and what your customers want, not to mention what your family, kids, spouse and friends are asking of you. But being “busy” and “overwhelmed” in your business is such a disempowered place to be.
The good news is that it doesn’t have to be that way – IF you’re willing to transform your mindset so that you can live and work differently. You can choose to take a step back to reflect and make sure that you’re building the right kind of business – one that will support your desired lifestyle and ultimately, your happiness.
This empowering workshop will teach you how to get back on track with your business goals – without all the stress and the drama that’s been keeping you stuck.
During this workshop, you will discover:
- The #1 mindset shift you need to make as an entrepreneur if you want to build a successful business that gives you the freedom to live and work from anywhere in the world
- How to get clarity on exactly what you want – not just for your business, but for your LIFESTYLE
- How to set inspiring income goals that will help you focus your efforts on the most important, revenue-generating activities in your business
- The best way to remove negative energy that may be blocking you from receiving success in your business
- How you can make time to work on your business every single week, even if you have a demanding full-time job, kids and a husband at home!
- A proven strategy that will guarantee productivity in your business every day – without you having to stay up late every night to get everything done
Launch Your Business!
5 Steps to Start Getting Paid to Do What You Love
Are you ready to transition from having a fun hobby to starting a real business? If you already have a business idea but you’ve been procrastinating on putting yourself “out there” for far too long, this workshop is for you! In this training, you will learn Rosetta’s 5-step system to get your business off the ground. This interactive workshop will equip you with the confidence, inspiration and direction you need to launch your business this year.
During this workshop, you will discover:
Why you DON’T have to have all your ducks in a row to launch your business this year
The secret to shifting your mindset and eliminating limiting beliefs that are holding you back from getting paid to do what you love
How to manage your time so that you can overcome procrastination and stay focused on your business goals
10 different streams of income you can create based on your passion, skills, expertise and experience
The 5 essential steps you can take now to get your business off the ground this year
3 Steps to Become a Profitable Transformational Speaker:
Make a Big Impact and Earn a Great Income…Simply By Teaching and Inspiring Others from the Stage!
Do you love to teach and inspire others? Then you might be a natural speaker! Here’s the good news about speaking: As a transformational speaker, you can get paid to tell your story, share your message and teach what you know, even if you have a 9 to 5 job and even if you’re terrified of getting on stage. If you desire to help people change their lives, this workshop will show you exactly how you can make a big impact and earn a great income teaching and inspiring audiences from the stage.
During this inspirational workshop, you will discover:
- Exactly how Rosetta went from working a 9 to 5 nonprofit job to running a global business helping women transform their lives! (plus, how she got her first PAID speaking gig!)
- How to change your mindset so you can enjoy the impact, income and lifestyle that comes along with being a transformational speaker
- What kinds of companies and organizations hire speakers
- The 4 different types of speaking you can get paid for…even if you’re just getting started
- When to start charging money for speaking (and how to know whether anyone would actually PAY you to speak on their stage!)
- How YOU can become a profitable transformational speaker this year using Rosetta’s simple 3-step process!
To book Rosetta to speak at your next event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (213) 545-2068.
Rosetta has worked successfully with a variety of audiences including women’s organizations, nonprofits, businesses, associations, foundations, young professionals groups, fellowship programs, universities and civic groups.
Below is a select list of speaking and training clients organized by industry:
- National Hispana Leadership Institute
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Girl Scouts of the Nation’s Capital
- Women in Philanthropy of Western Massachusetts
- Mississippi Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Heal a Woman to Heal a Nation, Inc.
- Cincinnati Regional Chamber of Commerce
- ASAE: The Center for Association Leadership
- Texas Society of Association Executives
- Association of Midwest Museums
- Maryland Nonprofits
- Michigan Nonprofit Association
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence
- National Human Services Assembly
- Georgia Center for Nonprofits
- Colorado Nonprofit Association
- Tennessee Credit Union League
- National Association of Pupil Transportation
- National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC)
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (various chapters)
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Nonprofit Association of the Midlands
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence
- Nonprofit Technology Network (NTEN)
- Nonprofit Enterprise at Work (NEW)
- Hawaii Internet Marketers Association
Nonprofits and Foundations
- Americans for the Arts
- World Vision
- Public Allies
- Share Our Strength
- People to People International (PTPI)
- Donors Forum
- Psychiatric Institute of Washington
- Council on Foundations
- Rhode Island Foundation
- Foundation Center
- Center on Budget & Policy Priorities
- Associated Black Charities
- Ausherman Family Foundation
- United Way of Northeast Florida
- Frieda C. Fox Foundation
- Enoch Pratt Free Library
Colleges and Universities
- Rutgers University
- James Madison University
- George Mason University
- Arizona State University
- American University
- Richard Bland College of the College of William & Mary
- Bridgewater College
- Regis University
- Robert Morris University
- Grand Valley State University
- University of DC
- Trinity Washington University
- Leeward Community College
- Chaminade University of Honolulu
Young Professionals Groups
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (various chapters)
- Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (various chapters)
- Greater Washington Urban League Young Professionals
- Capitol Hill Rotaract Club
Leadership and Fellowship Programs
- Princeton AlumniCorps Emerging Leaders Program
- Knight Foundation Fellows Program
- Project Getaway Thailand
- Leading from Within
- New Leaders Council
- Atlas Corps Fellows Program
- ProInspire Fellows Program
- The Future Executive Directors Fellowship
“They found your program to be at once very powerful and enlightening…”
“Thanks so much for being a part of the Knight Fellows Program. I heard time and time again from the Fellows that they found your program to be at once very powerful and enlightening … I so appreciate the thoughtful approach you took with them. Breathing space to think about our own individual paths is hard to come by these days and you reminded us all how important that should be and truly is.”
— Mara Walker, Chief Operating Officer, Americans for the Arts
“Rosetta provided an energetic, informative presentation…”
“I was privileged to engage Rosetta to be our closing keynote speaker at the Association of Fundraising Professionals Arizona Statewide Conference in August 2012. Rosetta provided an energetic, informative presentation that was well received by our participants. Her speaking style is very approachable and clearly she has an excitement about her topic and the philanthropic sector. I highly recommend Rosetta as a speaker.”
— Alice Ferris, Board President, Association of Fundraising Professionals, Northern Arizona Chapter