You’re about to meet Dr. Venus Opal Reese, a powerfully impactful black woman who is no stranger to hardship OR success. Dr. Venus was an abandoned teen, left on the streets to fend for herself when a heroic teacher at her school took her in and believed in her, setting her on a new course that would change the lives of hundreds, even thousands of women in the world today. In this episode you’re going to hear Dr. Venus’ story, how she views the situations black women face today, and what she is called to do to empower and equip those women for greatness.
You’ve been told a lie.
Dr. Venus strongly believes that black women today are living out a lie that’s been foisted on them for many years. They’ve played out the role of workhorse when their destiny is actually something far greater. Her conviction is that black women need to change the story they’re telling themselves, the stories that go on in their own minds so they can liberate themselves from the drudgery of the past and break into a life of freedom, personally and financially. Listen in to this conversation as Dr. Venus shares what the lie is and how to break free from it. If you listen closely, you’ll hear your own story and possibly discover your own destiny.
You can’t get rich when you’re angry.
That’s one of Dr. Venus Opal Reese’s core beliefs. She believes that love, peace, and the ability to build a vast financial storehouse all flow from the same place, so those negative emotions like hatred, jealousy, bitterness, and anger will block you receiving the money that is meant to be yours. What is the cure? You’ve got to experience healing in your heart before anything else. You’ve got to learn how to let the past go so you can move beyond it and experience the freedom that is your birthright. Pay attention to this episode, ladies. Dr. Venus has a lot to share that will help you throw off your chains, if you will let her.
Don’t be afraid to set amazingly lofty goals for yourself.
It’s that same fear that will hold you back from accomplishing them, so you ‘ve got to start by being willing to name the goal. Write it down. Speak it out loud. Do what it takes to convince yourself that the years of not believing in yourself ARE NOT GOING TO hold you back from taking hold of that goal. Once you’ve done that, you’re ready to begin the practical steps of planning how you’re going to achieve that goal. But be careful, goals are not predictions, they are just plans. As you diligently work toward the accomplishment of your goal, remain flexible to receive other blessings you didn’t even know to dream about. Listen to this episode to hear more of Dr. Venus’ thoughts about how make and work toward your goals.
Who inspires a successful millionaire black woman like Dr. Venus?
It’s not the kind of person you might expect. The person who inspires Dr. Venus is the woman who took her in off the streets, and according to her own account, saved her life. That is the kind of woman Dr. Venus wants to be. It’s that woman’s bravery and love that inspires Dr. Venus day after day. She’s living up to the potential that dear woman saw in her before she was able to see it in herself. Who inspires you? Who is it that you want to be like, to model yourself after, to honor with your life? hear Dr. Venus’ description of this dear woman and perhaps you’ll be able to find your own inspiration at the same time.
Outline of this great episode:
- [0:24] Introduction of today’s guest: Dr. Venus Opal Reese, founder of “Black Women Millionaires.”
- [1:43] The mission Dr. Venus is after.
- [3:20] The methodology Dr. Venus follows and how it relates to things like anger, resentment, forgiveness, etc.
- [7:15] What was it that caused Dr. Venus to start this business?
- [11:05] What does freedom look like to you, Dr. Venus?
- [16:28] A typical day in the life of a black woman millionaire.
- [18:42] Quarterly, annual, weekly?: How does Dr. Venus set her goals?
- [26:33] Dr. Venus’ thoughts about her next 5 years… where are things going in her business?
- [29:36] Who inspires you, Dr. Venus?
- [31:40] What makes Dr. Venus happy?
- [33:53] What is your number one tip for black women who want to start a business they love?
- [36:44] How you can get in touch with Dr. Venus – a gift straight from her to you! www.DefyImpossible.com/gift
Resources & links mentioned in this episode:
- BOOK: The Prayer of Jabez by Dr. Bruce Wilkinson
- Black Women Millionaires Virtual Salon: http://blackwomenmillionaires.com/
- Dr. Venus’s Free Gift: www.DefyImpossible.com/gift
Quotes from this episode:
- “You will never out-earn your self image” – Dr. Venus Opal Reese
- “You can’t make the money you want when you’re angry.” – Dr. Venus Opal Reese