Bonjour de Paris!
Yep, that’s me cheesin’ for a selfie during my walk around the city today.
I had a wonderful time speaking and connecting with amazing women at Dr. Venus Opal Reese’ Black Women Millionaires live event in Atlanta and now it’s time to enjoy summer in France!
Earlier this year, when I created my travel vision board, I didn’t have ANY flights booked yet.
What I DID have was an aggressive 2015 strategic growth plan for Happy Black Woman as a company with a ton of action steps to implement! ,
But what I wanted to do this year, along with all the work I’m doing to grow my business, was to also make sure I carve out dedicated time for travel and self-care.
So two months ago, I sat down with my travel bucket list, opened up my Google calendar and began planning out my trips for the year. Paris is my first stop with more adventures to come this summer and fall!
I’ll be sharing more on the blog about my experiences here in Paris, but so far, here’s what I can tell you:
- Paris is 6 hours AHEAD of Eastern time (me and sleep are fighting right now as I deal with some major jet lag!)
- The men are fine and they dress better than me
- People here don’t speak much English overall and they are mad that you don’t speak French
- It’s a walkable city, with Metro stations all over and lots of people riding bikes and scooters
- They have Uber!
- The food is divine and full of butter, cream and cheese…yum
- French people take their pastries very seriously – they WILL make you remember their croissants!
- Even the McDonald’s sells macarons
- They eat dinner late; some restaurants don’t even open until 7:00pm
- Um, did I mention that the men are fine?!
Since France is not playing with me and my English-speaking self, hopefully I will finally learn a few French words while I’m here LOL.
Leave me a comment below and share some of your Paris tips with me!