“A year from now you will wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
Every success story has to begin somewhere. Whether your goal is to lose weight or start your own business or travel the world or find a new love, at some point you have to take the first step.
You have to start.
But sometimes we confuse energy with action. Just because you’ve devoted a lot of thought and conversation into starting, doesn’t mean you’ve actually started.
Starting is indicated by visible, measurable action.
Starting looks like:
- joining Weight Watchers or hiring a personal trainer
- opening up a business checking account or setting up a professional website
- posting a profile on an online dating site or going to a singles event in your city
- setting up an automatic savings transfer to a “travel fund” every month or getting a passport
Starting does not look like:
- talking to your family and friends about starting
- reading a million books and blogs about how to start
- tweeting about how much you want to start
- promising yourself (for the 11th time) that you’re going to start tomorrow
Starting is starting. And if you’re waiting until all the conditions are perfect to start, then you never will.
Have you started yet?
If not, what is the simplest single action you can take today to GET started?