Are You Looking for An Inspiring Women’s Leadership Speaker for Your Upcoming Conference, Retreat, Seminar or Virtual Event?
Book Rosetta to Speak at Your Upcoming Conference, Retreat, Seminar or Virtual Event
Would you like to hire Rosetta to speak at your next conference, retreat, seminar or virtual event? Rosetta has worked successfully with a variety of audiences including women’s organizations, nonprofits, businesses, associations, foundations, young professionals groups, fellowship programs, universities and civic groups.
To book Rosetta to speak at your next event, please email us at email@example.com or call (213) 545-2068.
Rosetta’s Most Requested Speaking Topics
Rosetta’s keynotes and workshops are inspiring, interactive and informative, designed to help participants take immediate action. The topics below can be delivered as a keynote, workshop, conference breakout session, corporate/nonprofit training or virtual webinar. Additional topics can be customized at your request.
Ignite Your Purpose: How to Develop a Personal Mission Statement and Live a More Meaningful Life
Most organizations have a mission statement to guide their work. But imagine how much more focused you could be if YOU had a mission statement for your life? Having a clear outline of what’s most important to you, what you want to achieve, and, ultimately, who you want to become can lead to a happier, more meaningful life. Everyone has a purpose for being on earth, yet most of us are not acting in alignment with why we’re here or what we’re meant to be doing with our lives. To date, Rosetta has taught hundreds of people all over the country how to develop their own personal mission statements. This powerful self-discovery workshop will guide you through an eye-opening process that will change the way you live your life.
During this workshop, you will discover:
- Why it’s so important to identify your core values and pay attention to how they show up in your personal and professional life
- Rosetta’s 4-step method for developing a Personal Mission Statement, one of the most powerful tools available for getting clarity on your life’s purpose
- How to design an inspiring Purpose Plan with specific action steps you can implement right away to get from where you are to where you want to be
- Practical ways to prioritize your purpose and begin living a happier, more meaningful life
Radical Self-Care: How to Avoid Burnout and Become a More Resilient Leader
How can women leaders thrive during change and uncertainty? In times when organizations are being asked to do more with less, it’s important to increase your capacity to lead effectively in service of your mission. This workshop will show you how to tap into specific self-care and resilience strategies to strengthen your leadership and face organizational challenges with confidence and grace.
During this interactive workshop, you’ll:
- Discover why it’s so hard for women leaders to prioritize work-life balance.
- Conduct an honest self-assessment that aligns your vision for your life and career
- Develop an inspiring self-care plan that increases focus on the most important tasks on your to-do list
- Identify a strong support network to navigate personal and professional challenges
- Explore strategies to simultaneously decrease stress, focus on your mission and enjoy your life
Get Focused! 5 Ways to Get Back on Track With Your Business Goals
As an entrepreneur, it’s so important to stay connected to yourself and your desires. It’s easy to lose sight of what YOU truly want to do because you can get wrapped up in what your clients need and what your customers want, not to mention what your family, kids, spouse and friends are asking of you. But being “busy” and “overwhelmed” in your business is such a disempowered place to be. This empowering workshop will teach you how to get back on track with your business goals – without all the stress and the drama that’s been keeping you stuck.
During this workshop, you will discover:
- The #1 mindset shift you need to make as an entrepreneur if you want to build a successful business that gives you the freedom to live and work from anywhere in the world
- How to get clarity on exactly what you want – not just for your business, but for your LIFESTYLE
- How to set inspiring income goals that will help you focus your efforts on the most important, revenue-generating activities in your business
- The best way to remove negative energy that may be blocking you from receiving success in your business
- How you can make time to work on your business every single week, even if you have a demanding full-time job, kids and a husband at home!
- A proven strategy that will guarantee productivity in your business every day – without you having to stay up late every night to get everything done
Launch Your Business! 5 Steps to Start Getting Paid to Do What You Love
Are you ready to transition from having a fun hobby to starting a real business? If you already have a business idea but you’ve been procrastinating on putting yourself “out there” for far too long, this workshop is for you! In this training, you will learn Rosetta’s 5-step system to get your business off the ground. This interactive workshop will equip you with the confidence, inspiration and direction you need to launch your business this year.
During this workshop, you will discover:
Why you DON’T have to have all your ducks in a row to launch your business this year
The secret to shifting your mindset and eliminating limiting beliefs that are holding you back from getting paid to do what you love
How to manage your time so that you can overcome procrastination and stay focused on your business goals
10 different streams of income you can create based on your passion, skills, expertise and experience
The 5 essential steps you can take now to get your business off the ground this year
3 Steps to Become a Profitable Transformational Speaker
Do you love to teach and inspire others? Then you might be a natural speaker! Here’s the good news about speaking: As a transformational speaker, you can get paid to tell your story, share your message and teach what you know, even if you have a 9 to 5 job and even if you’re terrified of getting on stage. If you desire to help people change their lives, this workshop will show you exactly how you can make a big impact and earn a great income teaching and inspiring audiences from the stage.
During this inspirational workshop, you will discover:
- Exactly how Rosetta went from working a 9 to 5 nonprofit job to running a global business helping women transform their lives! (plus, how she got her first PAID speaking gig!)
- How to change your mindset so you can enjoy the impact, income and lifestyle that comes along with being a transformational speaker
- What kinds of companies and organizations hire speakers
- The 4 different types of speaking you can get paid for…even if you’re just getting started
- When to start charging money for speaking (and how to know whether anyone would actually PAY you to speak on their stage!)
- How YOU can become a profitable transformational speaker this year using Rosetta’s simple 3-step process!
“They found your program to be at once very powerful and enlightening!”
“Thanks so much for being a part of the Knight Fellows Program. I heard time and time again from the Fellows that they found your program to be at once very powerful and enlightening … I so appreciate the thoughtful approach you took with them. Breathing space to think about our own individual paths is hard to come by these days and you reminded us all how important that should be and truly is.”
— Mara Walker, Chief Operating Officer, Americans for the Arts
Below is a select list of speaking and training clients organized by industry:
- National Hispana Leadership Institute
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Girl Scouts of the Nation’s Capital
- Women in Philanthropy of Western Massachusetts
- Mississippi Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Heal a Woman to Heal a Nation, Inc.
- Cincinnati Regional Chamber of Commerce
- ASAE: The Center for Association Leadership
- Texas Society of Association Executives
- Association of Midwest Museums
- Maryland Nonprofits
- Michigan Nonprofit Association
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence
- National Human Services Assembly
- Georgia Center for Nonprofits
- Colorado Nonprofit Association
- Tennessee Credit Union League
- National Association of Pupil Transportation
- National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC)
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (various chapters)
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Nonprofit Association of the Midlands
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence
- Nonprofit Technology Network (NTEN)
- Nonprofit Enterprise at Work (NEW)
- Hawaii Internet Marketers Association
- Mission Capital
Nonprofits and Foundations
- Americans for the Arts
- World Vision
- Public Allies
- Share Our Strength
- People to People International (PTPI)
- Donors Forum
- Psychiatric Institute of Washington
- Council on Foundations
- Rhode Island Foundation
- Foundation Center
- Center on Budget & Policy Priorities
- Associated Black Charities
- Ausherman Family Foundation
- United Way of Northeast Florida
- Frieda C. Fox Foundation
- Enoch Pratt Free Library
Colleges and Universities
- Rutgers University
- James Madison University
- George Mason University
- Arizona State University
- American University
- Richard Bland College of the College of William & Mary
- Bridgewater College
- Regis University
- Robert Morris University
- Grand Valley State University
- University of DC
- Trinity Washington University
- Leeward Community College
- Chaminade University of Honolulu
Young Professionals Groups
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (various chapters)
- Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (various chapters)
- Greater Washington Urban League Young Professionals
- Capitol Hill Rotaract Club
Leadership and Fellowship Programs
- Princeton AlumniCorps Emerging Leaders Program
- Knight Foundation Fellows Program
- Project Getaway Thailand
- Leading from Within
- New Leaders Council
- Atlas Corps Fellows Program
- ProInspire Fellows Program
- The Future Executive Directors Fellowship
“Your presentation really hit home for my attendees!”
“I so appreciate all the industry research you did, designing your presentation to really hit home for my attendees. A lovely, surprising bonus.”
– Trish Patterson, VP of Education, Tennessee Credit Union League
Official Bio & Headshot
Rosetta Thurman’s Official Bio – Long
Rosetta Thurman is the Founder of Happy Black Woman, a global personal development company and lifestyle brand dedicated to educating, inspiring and empowering black women to create their ideal lives. She is committed to helping black women all over the world experience happiness, success and freedom in business and in life. As an author, speaker, mindset coach and business mentor, Rosetta teaches black women how to achieve their big goals faster than they ever thought possible.
Rosetta’s lifelong desire to help others was born out of humble beginnings. She grew up in the public housing projects of Painesville, Ohio, where she was raised by a single teenage mom and a very protective grandmother. Her father committed suicide when she was 6 years old. Despite these challenges, Rosetta became the first person in her family to graduate from college.
Rosetta’s childhood experiences sparked a passion for social change, leading Rosetta to work in the nonprofit sector for over 10 years as a fundraising professional and leadership development practitioner. But after more than a decade of working in nonprofit organizations, Rosetta realized that her true purpose was in personal development and helping others improve their lives.
So in 2010, she quit her 9 to 5 nonprofit job in Washington, DC to work for herself full-time as a speaker, coach and consultant. The following year, she got rid of all her stuff, gave up her apartment in DC and began traveling the world with just a suitcase and a laptop, working from her dream destinations of Hawaii, Thailand, Greece, France, Italy, Spain, Jamaica, Mexico, Argentina and Bali!
Along the way, she launched Happy Black Woman as a personal blog to document her journey to transform her life. In just a few short years, the website evolved into a supportive global community of like-minded women with big goals and beautiful dreams for their lives. Fast forward to today and Rosetta has built a million-dollar business and lifestyle brand that helps thousands of black women around the world through her blog, podcast, books, courses, events, retreats and coaching programs.
Rosetta is the author of Launch Your Business: The 5 Step Solution to Do What You Love, Quit Your Job and Have the Freedom to Travel and Live Life on Your Own Terms and the co-author of How to Become a Nonprofit Rockstar: 50 Ways to Accelerate Your Career. She has been featured in numerous media outlets, including JET Magazine, Essence.com, Entrepreneur.com, Dr. Oz’ Good Life Magazine, BBC London and BlackEnterprise.com. She holds a Master’s Degree in Organizational Management and has also taught leadership, business and marketing as an Adjunct Professor at Trinity Washington University.
Rosetta currently lives in beautiful San Diego, California. When she’s not writing or speaking, you can find her on a plane traveling to the next city on her bucket list, in the kitchen cooking up a new recipe, dancing to 80s R&B music or snuggled up in her favorite chair with a good book and a glass of red wine.
Her motto is: “You can do anything you want with your life and no one can stop you…but YOU!”
Rosetta Thurman’s Official Bio – Short
Rosetta Thurman is the Founder of Happy Black Woman, a global personal development company and lifestyle brand dedicated to educating, inspiring and empowering black women to create their ideal lives. She is committed to helping black women all over the world experience happiness, success and freedom in business and in life. As an author, speaker, mindset coach and business mentor, Rosetta teaches black women how to achieve their big goals faster than they ever thought possible. Rosetta is the author of Launch Your Business: The 5 Step Solution to Do What You Love, Quit Your Job and Have the Freedom to Travel and Live Life on Your Own Terms and the co-author of How to Become a Nonprofit Rockstar: 50 Ways to Accelerate Your Career. Rosetta currently lives in beautiful San Diego, California. When she’s not writing or speaking, you can find her on a plane traveling to the next city on her bucket list, in the kitchen cooking up a new recipe, dancing to 80s R&B music or snuggled up in her favorite chair with a good book and a glass of red wine. Her motto is: “You can do anything you want with your life and no one can stop you…but YOU!”
Rosetta Thurman’s Official Headshots – High-Resolution (Click to Download)
“Rosetta provided an energetic, informative presentation!”
“I was privileged to engage Rosetta to be our closing keynote speaker at the Association of Fundraising Professionals Arizona Statewide Conference. Rosetta provided an energetic, informative presentation that was well received by our participants. Her speaking style is very approachable and clearly she has an excitement about her topic and the philanthropic sector. I highly recommend Rosetta as a speaker.”
— Alice Ferris, Board President, Association of Fundraising Professionals, Northern Arizona Chapter