Are You Looking for An Inspiring Women’s Leadership Speaker for Your Upcoming Conference, Retreat or Seminar?
Book Rosetta to Speak at Your Upcoming Meeting, Conference, Retreat or Seminar
Would you like to book Rosetta to speak at your next conference, retreat or seminar? Rosetta has worked successfully with a variety of audiences including women’s organizations, nonprofits, businesses, associations, foundations, young professionals groups, fellowship programs, universities and civic groups. Rosetta’s speaking fees are value-based and reflect her deep commitment to help your audience transform their lives through personal development, career development, leadership and entrepreneurship.
Rosetta’s Speaking Fee Schedule:
- Keynote or Plenary: $10,000, plus travel expenses
- Workshop or Breakout Session: $8,000, plus travel expenses
Your Investment Includes:
- A private phone consultation with Rosetta prior to your event
- Pre-planning time, including unlimited conference calls with meeting organizers
- A customized, interactive presentation that is focused on achieving the outcomes you want for your audience
- An accompanying handout or worksheet, if applicable
- Delivery of the presentation with authenticity, engagement and inspiration
- Opportunity for a book signing immediately following Rosetta’s presentation at no additional cost (optional)
- Marketing on Rosetta’s social media and email list to help promote your event (upon request)
Rosetta typically books her speaking engagements 3-12 months in advance. Copies of Rosetta’s popular books and programs are available at a volume discount if you would like to purchase them for your attendees. As part of her speaking engagement, Rosetta will also agree to a book signing (at no additional charge) for your attendees following her presentation. Rosetta’s books and programs can also be made available for individual sale to attendees (i.e. a table in the back of the room).
To book Rosetta to speak at your next event, please email us at email@example.com or call (213) 545-2068 to receive a customized quote.
Rosetta’s Most Requested Speaking Topics
Rosetta’s keynotes and workshops are inspiring, interactive and informative, designed to help participants take immediate action. The topics below can be delivered as a keynote, workshop, conference breakout session, corporate or nonprofit training. Additional topics can be customized at your request.
4 Keys to Manifest Your Vision: How to Create the Life You Really Want (Instead of Settling for What You Think You Can Have)
Is it time for you to stop settling for a “normal” life and admit that you were meant for MORE? Are you at a point where you’re ready to set new, exciting goals for yourself but still struggling to figure out what you want to do next? If you answered “yes” to any of those questions, then this seminar will walk you through powerful goal-setting and manifestation strategies designed to help you create the life you really want!
During this seminar, you will discover:
- The REAL reason why it’s so important to achieve your big goals (hint: it’s probably not what you think!)
- How to get UNSTUCK (this exercise will help you get clarity on where you are NOW vs. where you want to BE)
- How to “map out” your dream life in 7 specific areas and get crystal clear on your true desires
- How to identify the most negative (and often, inherited) LIMITING BELIEFS that are holding you back from living the life you really want
- The 4 steps you can take to manifest the big vision you have for your life!
Ignite Your Purpose: How to Develop a Personal Mission Statement and Live a More Meaningful Life
Most organizations have a mission statement to guide their work. But imagine how much more focused you could be if YOU had a mission statement for your life? Having a clear outline of what’s most important to you, what you want to achieve, and, ultimately, who you want to become can lead to a happier, more meaningful life. Everyone has a purpose for being on earth, yet most of us are not acting in alignment with why we’re here or what we’re meant to be doing with our lives. To date, Rosetta has taught hundreds of people all over the country how to develop their own personal mission statements. This powerful self-discovery workshop will guide you through an eye-opening process that will change the way you live your life.
During this workshop, you will discover:
- Why it’s so important to identify your core values and pay attention to how they show up in your personal and professional life
- Rosetta’s 4-step method for developing a Personal Mission Statement, one of the most powerful tools available for getting clarity on your life’s purpose
- How to design an inspiring Purpose Plan with specific action steps you can implement right away to get from where you are to where you want to be
- Practical ways to prioritize your purpose and begin living a happier, more meaningful life
Radical Self-Care: How to Avoid Burnout and Become a More Resilient Leader
How can women leaders thrive during change and uncertainty? In times when organizations are being asked to do more with less, it’s important to increase your capacity to lead effectively in service of your mission. This workshop will show you how to tap into specific self-care and resilience strategies to strengthen your leadership and face professional challenges with confidence and grace.
During this interactive workshop, you’ll:
- Discover why it’s so hard for women leaders to prioritize work-life balance.
- Conduct an honest self-assessment that aligns your vision for your life and career
- Develop an inspiring self-care plan that increases focus on the most important tasks on your to-do list
- Identify a strong support network to navigate personal and professional challenges
- Explore strategies to simultaneously decrease stress, focus on your mission and enjoy your life
Get Focused! 5 Ways to Get Back on Track With Your Goals
As a woman, it’s so important to stay connected to yourself and your desires. It’s easy to lose sight of what YOU truly want to do because you can get wrapped up in your business or career, not to mention what your family, kids, spouse and friends are asking of you. But being too “busy” or “overwhelmed” to truly LIVE your life is a disempowered place to be. This motivational workshop will show you how to get back on track with your goals – without all the stress and the drama that’s been keeping you stuck.
During this workshop, you will discover:
- How to get clarity on exactly what you want for every area of your life
- The best way to remove negative energy that may be blocking you from achieving your goals
- How you can make time to work on your goals every single week, even if you have a demanding full-time job, kids and a spouse at home!
- A proven strategy that will guarantee productivity in your life every day – without you having to stay up late every night to get everything done
5 Steps to Turn Your Expertise Into a Profitable Business That Transforms Lives
Do you have a business idea but you’ve been procrastinating on putting yourself “out there” for far too long? In this training, you will learn how to turn your expertise into a profitable business so that you can transform lives, quit your job and create your dream lifestyle! This interactive workshop will equip you with the confidence, inspiration and direction you need to get your business off the ground this year.
During this training, you will discover:
The #1 mindset block you need to overcome if you really want to be a successful entrepreneur
How you can create 4 different transformational business models based on your passion, skills, expertise and experience
The best way to structure your business if you want to be able to travel and work from anywhere in the world
- My secret to success for earning a great income by helping people transform their lives (hint: it’s probably not what you think!)
- The 4 most effective online marketing techniques available right now that will help you attract clients quickly, even if you’re just getting started
“They found your program to be at once very powerful and enlightening!”
“Thanks so much for being a part of the Knight Fellows Program. I heard time and time again from the Fellows that they found your program to be at once very powerful and enlightening … I so appreciate the thoughtful approach you took with them. Breathing space to think about our own individual paths is hard to come by these days and you reminded us all how important that should be and truly is.”
— Mara Walker, Chief Operating Officer, Americans for the Arts
Below is a select list of speaking and training clients organized by industry:
- National Hispana Leadership Institute
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Girl Scouts of the Nation’s Capital
- Women in Philanthropy of Western Massachusetts
- Mississippi Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Heal a Woman to Heal a Nation, Inc.
- ASAE: The Center for Association Leadership
- Texas Society of Association Executives
- Association of Midwest Museums
- Maryland Nonprofits
- Michigan Nonprofit Association
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence
- National Human Services Assembly
- Georgia Center for Nonprofits
- Colorado Nonprofit Association
- National Association of Pupil Transportation
- National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC)
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (various chapters)
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Nonprofit Association of the Midlands
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence
- Nonprofit Technology Network (NTEN)
- Nonprofit Enterprise at Work (NEW)
- Mission Capital
Business & Corporate Groups
- Cincinnati Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Tennessee Credit Union League
- Hawaii Internet Marketers Association
- Black Women Millionaires
- Speak to Sell Boot Camp
Nonprofits and Foundations
- Americans for the Arts
- World Vision
- Public Allies
- Share Our Strength
- People to People International (PTPI)
- Donors Forum
- Psychiatric Institute of Washington
- Council on Foundations
- Rhode Island Foundation
- Foundation Center
- Center on Budget & Policy Priorities
- Associated Black Charities
- Ausherman Family Foundation
- United Way of Northeast Florida
- Frieda C. Fox Foundation
- Enoch Pratt Free Library
Colleges and Universities
- Rutgers University
- James Madison University
- George Mason University
- Arizona State University
- American University
- Richard Bland College of the College of William & Mary
- Bridgewater College
- Regis University
- Robert Morris University
- Grand Valley State University
- University of DC
- Trinity Washington University
- Leeward Community College
- Chaminade University of Honolulu
Young Professionals Groups
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (various chapters)
- Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (various chapters)
- Greater Washington Urban League Young Professionals
- Capitol Hill Rotaract Club
Leadership and Fellowship Programs
- Princeton AlumniCorps Emerging Leaders Program
- Knight Foundation Fellows Program
- Project Getaway Thailand
- Leading from Within
- New Leaders Council
- Atlas Corps Fellows Program
- ProInspire Fellows Program
- The Future Executive Directors Fellowship
“Your presentation really hit home for my attendees!”
“I so appreciate all the industry research you did, designing your presentation to really hit home for my attendees. A lovely, surprising bonus.”
– Trish Patterson, VP of Education, Tennessee Credit Union League
Official Bio & Headshot
Rosetta Thurman’s Official Bio – Long
Rosetta Thurman is the Founder of Happy Black Woman, a global personal development company and lifestyle brand dedicated to educating, inspiring and empowering black women to create their ideal lives. She is committed to helping black women all over the world experience happiness, success and freedom in business and in life. As an author, speaker, mindset coach and business mentor, Rosetta teaches black women how to achieve their big goals faster than they ever thought possible.
Rosetta’s lifelong desire to help others was born out of humble beginnings. She grew up in the public housing projects of Painesville, Ohio, where she was raised by a single teenage mom and a very protective grandmother. Her father committed suicide when she was 6 years old. Despite these challenges, Rosetta became the first person in her family to graduate from college.
Rosetta’s childhood experiences sparked a passion for social change, leading Rosetta to work in the nonprofit sector for over 10 years as a fundraising professional and leadership development practitioner. But after more than a decade of working in nonprofit organizations, Rosetta realized that her true purpose was in personal development and helping others improve their lives.
So in 2010, she quit her 9 to 5 nonprofit job in Washington, DC to work for herself full-time as a speaker, coach and consultant. The following year, she got rid of all her stuff, gave up her apartment in DC and began traveling the world with just a suitcase and a laptop, working from her dream destinations of Hawaii, Thailand, Greece, France, Italy, Spain, Jamaica, Mexico, Argentina and Bali!
Along the way, she launched Happy Black Woman as a personal blog to document her journey to transform her life. In just a few short years, the website evolved into a supportive global community of like-minded women with big goals and beautiful dreams for their lives. Fast forward to today and Rosetta has built a million-dollar business and lifestyle brand that helps thousands of black women around the world through her blog, podcast, books, courses, events, retreats and coaching programs.
Rosetta is the author of Launch Your Business: The 5 Step Solution to Do What You Love, Quit Your Job and Have the Freedom to Travel and Live Life on Your Own Terms and the co-author of How to Become a Nonprofit Rockstar: 50 Ways to Accelerate Your Career. She has been featured in numerous media outlets, including JET Magazine, Essence.com, Entrepreneur.com, Dr. Oz’ Good Life Magazine, BBC London and BlackEnterprise.com. She holds a Master’s Degree in Organizational Management and has also taught leadership, business and marketing as an Adjunct Professor at Trinity Washington University.
Rosetta currently lives in beautiful San Diego, California. When she’s not writing or speaking, you can find her on a plane traveling to the next city on her bucket list, in the kitchen cooking up a new recipe, dancing to 80s R&B music or snuggled up in her favorite chair with a good book and a glass of red wine.
Her motto is: “You can do anything you want with your life and no one can stop you…but YOU!”
Rosetta Thurman’s Official Bio – Short
Rosetta Thurman is the Founder of Happy Black Woman, a global personal development company and lifestyle brand dedicated to educating, inspiring and empowering black women to create their ideal lives. She is committed to helping black women all over the world experience happiness, success and freedom in business and in life. As an author, speaker, mindset coach and business mentor, Rosetta teaches black women how to achieve their big goals faster than they ever thought possible. Rosetta is the author of Launch Your Business: The 5 Step Solution to Do What You Love, Quit Your Job and Have the Freedom to Travel and Live Life on Your Own Terms and the co-author of How to Become a Nonprofit Rockstar: 50 Ways to Accelerate Your Career. Rosetta currently lives in beautiful San Diego, California. When she’s not writing or speaking, you can find her on a plane traveling to the next city on her bucket list, in the kitchen cooking up a new recipe, dancing to 80s R&B music or snuggled up in her favorite chair with a good book and a glass of red wine. Her motto is: “You can do anything you want with your life and no one can stop you…but YOU!”
Rosetta Thurman’s Official Headshots – High-Resolution (Click to Download)
“Rosetta provided an energetic, informative presentation!”
“I was privileged to engage Rosetta to be our closing keynote speaker at the Association of Fundraising Professionals Arizona Statewide Conference. Rosetta provided an energetic, informative presentation that was well received by our participants. Her speaking style is very approachable and clearly she has an excitement about her topic and the philanthropic sector. I highly recommend Rosetta as a speaker.”
— Alice Ferris, Board President, Association of Fundraising Professionals, Northern Arizona Chapter